A Full Range of Services
At Contemporary Dentistry, we offer a full range of general dentistry procedures to meet all your oral health needs. This includes:
- Cleanings and Checkups: We recommend that you visit us every six months for a dental cleaning and checkup. We remove plaque and hard tartar buildup on your teeth to prevent gum disease and tooth decay. We will also examine your mouth for oral cancer and other diseases.
- Dental Fillings: Do you have a cavity? We can clear your cavity and fill your tooth with a dental filling that matches the color of your teeth and is biocompatible.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges: Dental crowns protect and cover severely damaged teeth. Dental bridges replace missing teeth by “bridging the gap” where the lost tooth used to sit.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Some people are more susceptible to gum disease than others. This condition can severely impact your overall health, so it’s essential to get it treated so you can live a happier, healthier life.
- Bad Breath Treatment: If you have bad breath frequently and can’t figure out why, it can feel hopeless! But you’re in luck. We will find the cause of your bad breath and recommend treatment.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: Not everyone needs their wisdom teeth removed, but many do. We’ll evaluate your wisdom teeth and jaw to determine if we should remove them.
Among other procedures. If you want to ask about a particular general dentistry procedure, please call us at (585) 244-3337.
Your Mouth Is the Gateway to Your Body
Of course, your oral health is part of your general health because our bodies are actually a single whole, not divided up into separate systems. Whatever happens in one system influences all the others. This is why we practice holistic dentistry, which approaches every patient as a whole person. Whole health interventions can often achieve better results than trying to treat each system individually.
But there’s another reason why oral health has such a large impact on your overall health: your mouth is the entrance to your body, and it passes on what it brings in by breathing it passes to the lungs, by swallowing it passes to the stomach, and by blood it passes to the heart and brain. So when there are problems in the mouth, these can get spread throughout the body quickly.
A Healthy Smile Is a Beautiful Smile
We also know that general dentistry provides a firm foundation for all cosmetic dentistry procedures. Most characteristics of an attractive smile are related to the health of your smile. Bright white teeth are free of decay as well as defects in the enamel. Straight teeth function well, and are anchored firmly in the jawbone so they don’t wiggle out of place. And straight gum are free of recession and swelling.
Take care of the health of your smile and beauty will follow.
Dedicated to General Dentistry
At Contemporary Dentistry, our dentists are highly trained not just in specialized dental procedures, but in providing the vital essentials of dental care. Endodontics, periodontics, and other areas of general dentistry have been the focus of our dentists’ continuing education, helping ensure that they offer the latest general dentistry techniques.
If you would like to learn more about what makes Contemporary Dentistry stand apart from our competitors, please call (585) 244-3337 or email us today for an appointment.