Who Are Ideal Candidates?
Most patients can move forward with this procedure. However, some factors might not make you an ideal candidate. Below are things that could prevent you from getting this treatment:
- Use of cigarettes or tobacco products.
- Overall poor health.
- Periodontal disease.
- Inadequate bone to support your dental implant.
Firstly, smoking or chewing tobacco can delay the recovery process of dental implants. If you indulge in this, you may consider trying to quit. Not only for your oral health goals but overall health, too!
When it comes to periodontal disease, your dentist in Rochester might be able to treat it before your implant procedure. Every case is different. Lastly, for those with inadequate jawbone support, bone grafting may be an option.
Thinking About Dental Implants In Rochester, NY? Book An Appointment Today!
Have you thought about dental implants as a tooth replacement treatment? Contemporary Dentistry in Rochester can help!
It’s important to note that while most of our patients get excellent results with titanium, we do offer metal-free options. There is a small number of people who have titanium allergies, or who don’t want to go with a metal option. We happily offer metal-free implants, for the following reasons:
- It’s safe for those with metal allergies.
- The success rate is comparable to titanium.
- The strength of non-metals is equal, or greater than, titanium.
- A more similar appearance to your natural tooth root.
- Enhanced gum tissue compatibility.
- Better fusion process.
- No risk of corrosion or the creation of galvanic circuits.
If you want to learn more about this treatment, please call us at (585) 244-3337 to schedule an appointment with a Rochester implant dentist. You can also book an appointment online.